GAVI is looking to attract talented and motivated people to work in its Geneva and Washington DC offices
1. Overview of our internship programme:
GAVI offers internship possibilities for a limited number of individuals from diverse backgrounds, who are currently studying, or have recently completed their studies, and are looking for work experience in the public health sector.
The main goal of GAVI’s Internship programme is to provide a quality learning experience for individuals interning with the organisation. At the same time, the programme benefits the organisation.
The overall purpose of the Internship programme is to provide eligible individuals with:
- a better understanding of GAVI’s mission, goals and objectives;
- a framework to enhance their education experience through practical work assignments, thereby developing skills which will be useful for their career and future employment; and
- the opportunity of working in a multicultural environment.
2. Eligibility criteria:
To take part in the programme, we look for the following minimum eligibility criterias:
- applicants who are enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course of study at a university or equivalent higher education institution in a field relevant to GAVI’s work;
- applicants who are in the first year post completing their studies at a university or equivalent higher education institution and who have obtained a degree relevant to GAVI’s work;
- applicants who are fluent in the working language of GAVI i.e. English;
- applicants who are not related to a GAVI employee; and
- applicants who have not previously participated in GAVI’s Internship programme.
3. Internship application dates:
Spring/Summer Internship Period (April to September):
Applications must be received from applicants between 1 December and 31 March.
Autumn/Winter Internship Period (October to March)
Applications must be received from applicants between 1 August and 30 September.
* Applications received outside of these timelines will be kept for the next upcoming internship period unless you advise us differently.
4. Application process:
Internships are available in many teams based on needs. You will find our current internships available under employment vacancies.
If you have not heard from GAVI by the deadline posted on our website, it means your application has not been retained.