The GAVI Secretariat is responsible and accountable for the day-to-day operations of the GAVI Alliance
Led by the Chief Executive Officer and supported by six departments, the Secretariat offices are located in Geneva, Switzerland and Washington, DC, USA. Its responsibilities include:
- mobilising resources to fund programmes;
- coordinating programme approvals and disbursements;
- developing policy and implementing strategic initiatives;
- monitoring and evaluation;
- legal and financial management;
- and administration for the GAVI Alliance Board and Committees.
Dr Seth Berkley, a medical doctor specialising in infectious disease epidemiology, became the CEO of the GAVI Alliance in August 2011.
GAVI Alliance Secretariat Organigram